When it’s still winter and cold outside, we crave comfort food – but often that can be unhealthy, which isn’t what you want when you’re trying to stick to healthy resolutions! This vegan curry is packed with flavour, veggies and protein thanks to Quorn Vegan Pieces while being low in fat and full of goodness.
Vegan Quorn Coconut Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Small chunk of ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- ½ can coconut milk
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 pack Quorn Vegan Pieces (defrosted)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes until softened.
Place the spices, ginger, tomato puree and coconut milk into your Ninja Kitchen cup and blend or pulse until you have a sauce.
Add this to the pan along with the other vegetables and Quorn Vegan Pieces and stir to coat everything.
Pour in the tin of tomatoes and 100ml water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables have softened and the sauce has thickened.
Serve with brown rice and black quinoa on the side.