This Pink Pitaya Mousse is perfect for any occasion – velvety smooth and creamy cashew and coconut based mousse with fresh fruit and pink pitaya (dragonfruit) powder for an added vitamin boost.
Pink Pitaya Mousse
- For The Mousse
- 100g frozen virgin young Thai coconut meat
- 145g fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 3/4 cup cashew / almond milk
- 75g cashews (soaked overnight, rinsed and drained)
- 2 - 4 tbsp light agave nectar / maple syrup
- 2 - 3 tbsp pitaya powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Squeeze lemon juice (no more than 1 tsp)
- Pinch fine Himalayan pink salt (if coarse grind)
- 50g coconut oil
- 25g cacao butter
- For The Topping
- Fresh fruit - pomegranate and cherries work really well
- Drizzle of melted chocolate
- Chopped nuts
Add all of your ingredients for your mousse (except for the melted coconut oil and cacao butter) into your Ninja pitcher and blend on the ‘Smoothie’ or ‘Puree’ setting. Be sure to scrape down the sides to ensure a smooth and even blend, repeat this process twice.
Next, add your melted coconut oil and cacao butter and repeat the process again. Divide equally into 2 large glasses or 4 small ones, and place in the refrigerator until set – about 3 hours. Top with fresh fruit before serving.
- If you have the new FreshVac blender be sure to use the FreshVac Pump first for a super vivid pink colour!
- Can’t find frozen virgin young Thai coconut meat? Don’t worry just soak 40g of desiccated coconut in 1 cup of freshly boiled water for 10-30 minutes to rehydrate. Drain in a large sieve and push out any excess water using the back of a spoon. Add as you would frozen coconut meat.
- Prep time includes a 3 hour setting time.