Although it’s a chilly time of year, I find it’s never too cold for a refreshing smoothie as an afternoon pick-me-up. With the New Year upon us and New Years Resolutions in full swing this healthy smoothie won’t hinder your progress but will help you hit your fitness goals in no time. Peanut butter and banana make the perfect creamy combination, the addition of chia seeds adds healthy fats and boost up the fibre count! This recipe can be adapted to suit vegans if you use a plant based milk and protein powder. To have this smoothie for breakfast try adding oats for a low-GI carb source which will help you to get through the day!
What You'll Need
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped
- 100ml milk (can be substituted for dairy free milk)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp peanut flour
- 1 scoop unflavoured protein powder
- handful of ice
1. Place all ingredients into blender and blend until a smooth texture forms.
2. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more milk and blend again.
3. Top with chia seeds and enjoy straight away!