Now this is a combination that cannot be missed. Warm gooey squares of yumminess smothered in paradise. These brownies are vegan, and can easily be made free from gluten. Bake up a batch if you’ve got some guests to impress!
Peanut Butter and Jam Brownies
- 250g oats (use gluten free if required)
- 70g cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75ml maple syrup
- 90ml non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 60ml apple sauce
- 50ml coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g dairy free dark chocolate chunks
- 100g smooth peanut butter plus 1 tbsp coconut oil (combined and melted in microwave for 45 seconds)
- Strawberry jam (use store bought or homemade chia seed jam seed recipe as follows)
- 200g strawberries (cut into small chunks)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and grease a square tin with some coconut oil.
In your food processor, blitz your oats into a fine flour.
Next add cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and blitz again.
Pour in maple syrup, non-dairy milk, apple sauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Blitz again until combined.
Gently fold the chocolate chunks into the mixture.
Empty mixture into tin, before covering completely with the melted peanut butter.
If you are making your own jam, combine the strawberries and maple syrup in a saucepan on a medium heat. Let simmer for 5 minutes before, mashing into a jam like consistency and stirring in chia seeds. Let simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Add dollops of jam onto the peanut butter and using a knife draw swirls to create a marble effect.
Place into oven for 40 minutes, before taking out and leaving to cool for 30 minutes.
Cut into squares and enjoy.