Ninja Air Grill Grilled Tomato Salsa
PREP: 15 MINUTES
PREHEAT: APPROX. 8 MINUTES
COOL: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 10 MINUTES
- 5 Plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut in quarters
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cut in half, seeds removed 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, stems trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Juice and zest of 3 limes
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño pepper, salt, and black pepper with vegetable oil. Mix well to ensure vegetables are coated with oil and seasonings.
Insert grill plate in unit and close lid. Select GRILL, set temperature to MAX, and set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place vegetable mixture on the grill plate. Close lid and cook for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, flip vegetables. Close lid and cook for the remaining 5 minutes.
When cooking is complete, remove mixture from unit and allow to cool.
Transfer cooled mixture to a food processor. Add coriander, garlic, cumin, and lime juice and zest. Pulse until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately, or chill in refrigerator first.
TIP: This salsa makes a tasty topper for grilled meats chicken, and fish. It goes great with chips, too