Pasta with a delicious Kale, Parmesan, Toasted Pine Nut Pesto and Vegetables.
Kale Pesto Pasta
- 2 bunches kale (stems removed)
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted in a dry pan for a minute
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60g Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 450g pasta of your choice
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 corn on the cob, sweetcorn sliced off
Place Kale, Pine Nuts, Lemon Juice, and Garlic in a blender. Pulse and slowly add Olive Oil. Blend until pesto is smooth.
Pour the pesto into a small bowl and stir in the Parmesan, Salt and Pepper.
Cook pasta according to pack instructions. When pasta is halfway cooked, add the vegetables.
Continue to cook until al dente, then drain.
Add the pasta back into the pan and stir in the Pesto.