This delicious but scary tart is an essential for any party this Halloween!
Gruesome Halloween Tart
A no-bake case with a gruesome green and bloody filling, try a slice if you dare!
- For The Base
- 200g oaty biscuits (low sugar / gluten-free ones)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons Aduna Baobab powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini or almond butter
- For The Green Filling -
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 200ml milk
- 250g thick natural yogurt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon superfood green powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons no added/reduced raspberry or strawberry sugar jam
First make the base: Place the biscuits into your Ninja Kitchen food processor and whizz up until broken down into crumbs. Now add the rest of the ingredients and pulse so the mixture comes together.
Tip out into a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin and use your fingers to press across the bottom evenly and up the sides to cover. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with 3 tablespoons water to form a paste. Heat the milk up in a small pan then whisk in the cornflour mixture and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes until thickened. Leave to cool then place in a blender along with the yogurt, maple syrup, green powder and vanilla. Blend until quite thick and smooth.
Spoon this into your tart shell to fill and smooth out evenly. Dot around the jam and swirl a little. Now leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour to chill and set.
When ready to serve remove from the tin, add any extra spooky decorations, slice and serve!