This is by far the best stuffing I have ever made! I love how flavoursome it is and packed with different textures. I love adding chestnut as they are so “meaty” and packed with festive flavours.
Chestnut and Mushroom Stuffing
- 4 large slices of crusty bread
- 300gr mushrooms white or chestnut - roughly chopped
- 100g toasted pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 180gr of roughly chopped cooked chestnuts (1 pouch)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of chopped sage
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large leek finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large ribs celery finely chopped
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Turn the oven at 150 degrees and toast the bread for 40-50 minutes until store dry and crunchy. Cut the bread into cubes.
Place all the mushroom in the Ninja food processor and blitz until they are roughly chopped.
Remove the mushrooms from the food processor and leave them onto side. Place pecan halves in food processor and process until roughly chopped and set aside.
Heat the olive oil and add the mushrooms and cook for about 8 minutes until all the water has evaporated.
Add onion, leek, celery, garlic, sage and rosemary and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened (about 10 minutes).
Add the veggie stock and the chopped pecans and bring to a boil.
Add bread cubes and mix everything together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a greased baking tin. Spread the mixture evenly.
Cover with aluminium foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes until crispy and golden on top.
Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and serve.